Sunday, January 22, 2006

A Sad Day

As much as yesterday was a day of rejoicing, today I was reminded of an event that happened on January 22, 1973. This dampened my spirit, such that I had to take time and re-think what this day brought about.

On January 22, 1973 the Supreme Court of the United States of America ruled on a case, Roe Vs Wade that a woman, as part of their constitutional right to privacy, can terminate a pregnancy during its first two trimesters.

Since that historic ruling there has been an epidemic of convenience. What do I mean when I say “convenience”? I mean that the mother and/or father place their lives of convenience before that of the child. That mentality of; "is it convenient or not" has brought about 30+ million abortions.

Now to be fair I will readily agree that some have been to save the mothers life, and some have even been because of rape and/or incest, yet most have been brought about because it was inconvenient to have a child. I was a product of inconvenience but my birth mother allowed me to be adopted and for that I will always be grateful.

Today I mourn those who never had a chance to live out their lives. Matthew 5:4; Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted.


Blessings:
BluesMan

No comments: