Wednesday, February 01, 2006

What Was That?

As I was sitting this afternoon reading a book I heard a strange sound, it was kinda like a soft ka-boom. Later I got up to check on my chicken I was cooking for tomorrow, and I heard it again. This time it was a little louder. As I thought more about it it came to my mind what I was hearing, it was thunder! So I started to listen more carefully. Now I'm starting to also hear the patty-pat of rain drops. It was really starting to sprinkle here, and boy do we need it.

As you may know we are in a drought here in South Texas. This is February and it was 79 degrees here today. This is supposed to winter but the days have been dry and the temperature is averaging about 75 degrees. Man we are in the middle of a long cold snap! I sure wish we would get some cooler weather here, but I need to be careful what I ask for, right?

As I type this the sound I now hear is no longer just the pitty-pat of sprinkles but it is now raining. Thank You, Lord:)
Hope it keeps up for a while........

Blessings:
BluesMan

No comments: