Saturday, January 06, 2007

A New Year - A New Start

As the old year has pasted there is a year new starting,

As I look back at the old year there were times of great sadness and others filled with with great joy. But as this new year started there was a heaviness that encompassed us. No deaths to report but in a true sense there was....it is so hard to think about that I tried not to think of it but it has filled my mind with wonder.

Friends it seems sometimes can be the greatest blessing, and at the same time this wonderful relationship called friendship can cause us the greatest hurts. The heaviness came not from outsiders but insiders. The hurt was not only on my part but it caused great saddness in my family. As I look to the future I cannot see that the standing we once had with some of our friends will ever be the same, and this of all things has caused me to be filled with sadness.

Yet as the new year begins there are things that I look forward to, my daughter whom I dearly love will be graduating this spring and this has filled my heart with joy as well as my pocketbook will be a little better off *smile*, though this maybe short lived......*sigh*. My prayer for this year is this:

"That the Lord will be magnified in it and all the year my be a testimony of His goodness."

Blessings:
BluesMan

No comments: