Saturday, March 04, 2006

The New Revolutionist

As I was reading my new book (remember my last post?) I am continually stunned by the wisdom of the author, G. K. Chesterton. In the part I am reading he is talking about the old style of revolutionist (circa French revolution) and comparing them to today's "new" revolutionists. Let me give to you a quote to think about;

"But the new rebel is a skeptic, and will not entirely trust anything. He has no loyalty; therefore he can never be really a revolutionist. And the fact he doubts everything really gets in his way when he wants to denounce anything. For all denunciation implies a moral doctrine of some kind; and the modern revolutionist doubts not only the institution he denounces, but the doctrine by which he denounces it." G. K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy (chapter 3, The Suicide of Thought).

Think about it, it is true, the post modern revolutionist is a contradiction, ponder this thought...

Blessings:
BluesMan

No comments: