Sunday, November 14, 2004

Sunday - Thoughts

I was pondering in my mind; "What is it that God wants from me, so I turned to the Psalms and was reading chapter 51 which was Davids prayer of repentence and came across verse 17, and I thought, that it! Thats what He wants "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise."

Then I thought what kind of sacrifice does he want from me? Paul answered that in Romans 12:1-2 "1 I urge you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

In the end I thought ok......how do I perform this, then words of Christ came to my mind;

24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 25 For whoever wishes to save his life shall lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake shall find it. 26 For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?" - Matthew 16:24-26





No comments: